Slide Show

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Think Out Loud: Walk in the park



This is Think out Loud. It’s a weekly meme created to help bloggers break out from the blogging bubble. The rules are simple. We post whatever we want and let people know what’s in our mind. Visit the creator on Thinks Books and join too. It’s so cool to share your random thoughts.

I took a different bus returning from work today and so I had to cross the park to reach home. Even if it was hot and all I needed was a bath–identically I’d like to go swimming–I wanted to walk and clear my mind.

Leaving the bustle of the street behind me, I slowed down my pace and let the light wind brush against my skin. It’s strange how some trees and twenty minutes in the park can bring peace to my mind.

Suddenly I stopped noticing the heat and the drops of sweat on my forehead and I focused on other stuff. A man and a woman were lying on a blue towel, tanning. He was looking up the sky, while she was face down, her hair in a bun and her shoulder blades red from the sun.  

Then I walked on a small trail and as the wind blew a little stronger, yellow flowers fall from the trees and that is when I noticed the yellow trail before me. It was like one of those moments where time seems to slow down and you feel like you’re all alone in the whole world.


I’ll walk through tat park again, that’s for sure. 

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I'm right there in the park with the need to catch my breath and calm my mind after a busy day/bus ride. I used to hop off the bus all the time in Hawaii if something caught my eye and I wanted to take a walk. I went for a walk this morning and saw land otters! I was giddy until the pollen knocked me on my butt and I was a sniffling mess, but before the snot, I tell you I felt a good amount of peace, Athina! I hope all is well. Did you get a new job? I remember you looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Hawaii! I'm so jealous, you know! It must have been amazing.

      Honestly, I wouldn't imagine that a bus ride could have something to make me look forward to it. I'm a subway girl, but lately, the bus amazes me. hehe.

      I'm doing an internship the last four months. It's good that finally things started moving. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a very refreshing walk in the park. Sadly we don't have many park like that here but I wouldn't mind experiencing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a lovely walk! And how cool that time seemed to slow down for you. Hard for me to imagine what that must be like anymore, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But we need some to slow down even if it is for twenty minutes. It can really make a difference. :)

      Delete