Slide Show

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Think Out Loud: Falling skies



This is Think out Loud. It’s a weekly meme created to help bloggers break out from the blogging bubble. The rules are simple. We post whatever we want and let people know what’s in our mind. Visit the creator on Thinks Books and join too. It’s so cool to share your random thoughts.

We've got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen. - D H Lawrence

Seeing today's Goodreads quote I couldn't help but think. How, true is this and how breathtakingly right?

Skies have fallen. Skies will fall, or for some, seem like they're always falling. That's what skies do. They shine, turn grey, dark, weep and fall.

I had my fair share of falling skies and every time I placed my hands over my head and waited for it to be over. Other times I stared, frozen and still like watching a meteor shower. Things fell apart, lives changed and I was there, wishing for no more fallen skies.

But it goes on, never really stops even if it stays idle for a while. Like a sleepy volcano that will, explode someday. We may be there or we may not, but hot red lava will run down the hill as many more skies will keep falling.

But we’ve got to live and we will, avoiding the debris and building up walls to keep us safe.

That’s life!  And who we’d really be without falling skies? 

2 comments: