Slide Show

Friday, November 13, 2015

Uncorked Thoughts





Don't you ever feel like random words swim in your head? Like there is something that needs to be heard but somehow it stays trapped inside your mind? 

I feel like that a lot so here's what came out when I stopped and listened to the words in my head ...


When the light slowly fades, don't think,

When the world goes black, don't think,

Just close your eyes, breathe in.


Let your emotions take the wheel,

Let your heart decide what it means,

Choose the path that makes you scream.


Feel alive, shout, yell, believe.

Life's too short for sorrow and grief.


Yep. Awkward, right?

8 comments:

  1. Ah I love it when you're about to fall asleep or you're in the shower and you're thinking about what you could write, word for word. And then, you publish it here, and that's just such a satisfying feeling.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. that's the feeling, M.
      Just following the words.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love that, Athina! Just love it. I hope you can put that or the spirit of tht in one of your stories because I can see your MC choosing the path that makes her scream.

    I hope you and your loved ones are all okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, you're putting thoughts in my mind, Robyn! It didn't occurr to me to use it, but now I'm definitely thinking about it!

      Glad you liked it! Hope everything's good too.

      Happy swimming!;)

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is great. Glad you were able to free some of the words trapped inside your mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the most suitable word, Heather. It truly felt like freeing those words. Don't keep anything trapped, just blurt them all out!

      Delete
  4. It's all truth though. I have words swirling around there all the time but I can't always figure them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words can be tricky sometimes. Write them down even if it doesn't make sense. ;)

      Delete